In the past years, there was a time when social media was considered as a temporary craze; something that different generations were using to connect with other people and probably, just a digital diary - to show your followers what you want them to see. Over time, all the doubtful were proved wrong. Currently, there are over 3 billion internet users - and over 2 billion of them have active social media accounts. These numbers continue to grow and is a good indication that as years go by, digital marketing has been continuously dominating the world, in every useful way. Social platforms have served as a great tool to make our lives much easier. It is not just a way to stay connected to our loved ones, but a great medium to reach potential customers for your business. Nowadays, having a social media account is no longer optional. It’s definitely a must!
So if you have a business that you want to promote online, here are some important key points on how social media can help you :
- Increase brand awareness: When you have a presence on social media, people can easily connect with you. When they see your daily updates, they get to feel that your business is real. If they followed you, then that means they are interested in the products or services that you are selling. Thus, your daily presence makes people think that your business is really legit and there’s a greater chance for you to reach people who do not have an idea about your brand.
- Build relationships: Social media isn’t just about advertising your company’s sales pitch, it’s also an opportunity for you to reach your prospects and buyers around the world. Hence, a FREE method for them to reach out to you as well whenever they have questions or complaints.
- Share content faster and easier: There’s no other easy way for businesses to spread their daily updates and promotions, but through social media. Can you imagine what would it be like without facebook and twitter? Popular platforms are used to share content faster and easier as it can reach a wide range of audience all over the world.
- Monitor what your competitors are doing: Yes, you can always see what activities they do on their social media accounts. This will allow you to make strategic decisions, because you are more aware of what your competitors do. It is a need for every business to know what’s going on with their primary competitor. I bet that at some point, you will be very curious to find out what’s their secret - why they keep on getting more customers than you do. Oops! Don’t feel bad… Don’t forget, you have the power to stalk them!
- Generate high-converting leads: Whenever you click “home” on your own facebook account, you probably see posts of different online businesses from time to time. This just means that there’s no other effective way other than social media, right? It is proven that it increases sales and customer retention through regular interaction and timely customer service. Social media is the most effective way to sell your products and services. If you’re not yet getting the results that you wanted, don’t worry - there are still lots of opportunities ahead!
- Increase website traffic and ranking: One big advantage of social media for business is using it to increase your traffic. One important thing you need to know is that, the more social media shares you receive, the higher the ranking will be.
Are you ready to take your business to the next level? Start creating your social media channels now! Prepare an SMM calendar plan, schedule your posts and start interacting with your customers! You’ll be surprised on how it can help your business grow!